ROYAL summer camps are one week long throughout July.
Detailed camp descriptions are at the bottom of this page.
9:00 AM-4:00 PM
• Camp sessions are typically 9AM-4PM Monday through Friday
• Exceptions: FUNdamentals of Acting Camp (9AM-noon)
• Camps held at ROYAL Theatre Company's Main Street Studio – 308 West Main Street, Mason
• Campers should pack a "nut-free" lunch each day and bring a water bottle.
• Comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes are recommended.
• Minimum of 5 Campers Per Week /Maximum of 25.
• Questions about Camps? Email Valerie, Education Director at Valerie@ROYALTheatreCompany.com
• NOTE: No refunds or credits given unless a medical emergency or waiting list exists. Registration closes one week prior to camp. An informational email will be sent to all campers once registration is closed (approximately 3 days before camp begins)
July 6-10, 2020 - FUNdamentals of Acting
Through fun acting games, young aspiring actors will learn about movement, stage orientation, and the “magic” that you can create in the theatre. No previous stage experience needed! Each session will end with a small performance for friends/family to give you the experience of acting in front of a live audience. Don’t worry- no audition or memorization required! Ages 5-7.
July 13-17, 2020 - Disney Days
Students will incorporate vocals, dance, blocking, and acting with tunes from Frozen, Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Hercules. There will be a small performance at the end of camp. Ages 10 and up.
July 20-24, 2020 - Best of Broadway
Students will incorporate vocals, dance, blocking, and acting with tunes from Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked, and more. There will be a small performance at the end of camp. Ages 10 and up.
July 27-31, 2020 - Creative Beginners Drama
Haven’t had a chance to try out your acting skills, but hoping to start? This camp is for you! While playing classic acting games, you will learn acting techniques to help you feel more comfortable on stage which is key to auditioning and performing. You will put your creativity to work as you brainstorm with other students to produce and perform your very own production for friends/family at the end of the camp. Ages 8-14.
Instructor Colin Thornton has been a ROYAL acting instructor for the past 8 years. He has been teaching and performing improv comedy for 17 years, and is currently the artistic director for Improv Cincinnati. Colin has directed dozens of performances for children at Town Hall Theatre and Center Stage Players. Colin also teaches with Dramakinetics, an arts-integration non-profit.
Nick has been teaching fifth grade in Mason for 16 years. Working with children has always been a passion of his. In his spare time, he enjoys playing the piano and writing music and has worked with Mason Community players along with doing the Broadway Musical camp for ROYAL for the past 7 summers.
Assistant Heather Hopster has been with ROYAL for the past 5 years as our class and camp assistant. She also instructs cooking classes and has assisted in Dramakinetics classes. She currently works at CPS.