Announcing Auditions for ROYAL Night on Broadway
We’ve all been through a lot over the last several months. It’s been challenging in many ways. And yet, the human spirit is driven by the hope of creating a better tomorrow. We believe that young people bring light into darkness, and the theatre brings light to us all. We know you’re yearning to be part of another spectacular ROYAL production and so are we! It’s time to look ahead to a brighter future filled with music!
The ROYAL Theatre Company is excited to announce that we will hold auditions on August 24th & 25th for a dynamic and unique event that we’re calling “ROYAL Night on Broadway.” Let’s celebrate the brilliance, inspiration, and magic of musical theatre! This show is designed to lift the hearts and minds of our community through the power of theatre featuring Broadway showtunes from iconic and heart-warming favorites to vibrant and current crowd-pleasing hits. It will be the feel-good event of the year!
This will be unlike any production you’ve ever been in. Sure…you’ll have the chance to sing and dance with a talented cast of fellow ROYAL performers, but we’ve got so much more planned! We’re not going to give away all of our secrets yet, but we’ll share one BIG announcement:
The cast of this production will perform along with our special guest – Broadway and TV star, Chris Lee!
In his most recent on-stage performance, Chris played the roles of Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson in the Broadway smash hit Hamilton. You do not want to throw away your shot at performing along with this Hamilton star!
Audition Dates/Times: Select one time slot on Monday, August 24 OR Tuesday, August 25 between 6:00PM – 10:00PM.
Audition Sign up: Sign Up Here
Audition Location & Parking: ROYAL Theatre Company studio, 308 W. Main St., Mason, OH 45040. You must park in the row of spaces closest to the studio, use on-street parking, or park in the lot across from the studio.
- You must be at least 7 years old to audition.
- You must complete the online audition form and submit your headshot (does not need to be a professional photo) with your online audition form. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- You should come prepared to sing the song of your choice from this list of songs.
- You will not perform a monologue in these auditions.
- There will not be callbacks. We will select our cast from the first auditions.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition time slot and REMAIN in your car! Do NOT come into the studio. We will text you when we are ready for you to come in for your audition, and we will open the door for you to enter through the front door of the studio (main entrance facing Main St. under the large ROYAL Theatre Company banner sign).
- Students will audition one at a time – not in a group. The studio will be set up so that the performer and casting team will all be socially distanced with a minimum of 6 feet between each other.
- Parents are not allowed in the studio. They can wait for you in your car or outside the studio. Please note that we do not want people gathering outside of the studio. There should only be one parent (or one set of parents) outside the studio at any given time during the auditions.
- After you perform your song, you will exit from the studio’s side door into the parking lot.
- In order to keep the audition process moving smoothly, we ask that you leave immediately after your audition is complete. This will help to free up parking spots for those who audition after you.
- We are taking great care to make sure that you and everyone involved in the audition process are taking precautions to stay safe. Your ability to follow our instructions will be a point of consideration in the casting process.
- If you would prefer to submit a virtual audition, you will need to complete the online registration form (including a headshot) on ROYALTheatreCompany.com and send your video to production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com by 5:00PM on Friday, August 21 at the latest. Videos received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT come to your in-person audition if you feel sick or are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Cast List will be posted on August 31st at 3pm
- If cast in this show, performers must be able to attend rehearsals on Tuesdays from 6-9PM, Thursdays from 6-9PM, and Sundays from 1-5PM.
- Rehearsals will be held via Zoom and/or in small groups that meet social distancing guidelines. If called to rehearse in person with a small group, rehearsals will be held either at ROYAL Theatre Company’s studio (308 W. Main St., Mason, OH) or FBC Mason (735 Reading Rd., Mason, OH). Performers will be notified of rehearsal location(s) in advance.
- Performers will be expected to follow strict social distancing guidelines as outlined by the Directors during any in-person rehearsals.
- Mandatory Informational Meeting for performers and parents: Sunday, September 13 from 1:30PM – 3:30PM at FBC Mason gymnasium (735 Reading Rd., Mason)
- Performers will need to be available in the evenings during the week leading into the show for a modified Tech Week. More details to follow.
Event Date/Time: January 22, 2021 (Date is subject to change with COVID-19 regulations) from 6:00PM – 10:00PM.
Event Location: Delta Marriott (11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246). This unforgettable evening will also include a delicious dinner for our audience!
Participation Fee: $100 per performer to be paid by September 13. More details will be provided to those cast in the show.
Special Note: We’re currently seeking sponsors for this one-of-a-kind event. Please let us know if you or someone you know may be interested! Please contact Karen@ROYALTheatreCompany.com for more information.
Questions? Contact production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com.